Product Design - Intern | On-site | Immediate Joining
At CoinedOne, we realise the importance of delivering value so that we don't just compete but delight our users and make a difference in their lives. To achieve this goal, We are building leading-edge products that offer an experience new to many. We are on the lookout for an exceptionally talented "Product design - Intern" who has some experience (Internships or freelance) working on Consumer Mobile Apps.
We believe that in early-stage startups, there are no Engineering teams. There are only Product Teams. What it means is that not only are you responsible for "how does it work technically", but also "should we make this? ", "How well should we build this? ", and "Is this what the user/customer needs? ". We like to focus on outcomes vs output.
Kindly apply only if you have
- A Behance/Dribbble account/personal website/portfolio pdf or some other platform to showcase your digital work.
- Experience working on a Consumer Mobile application
We are currently looking for a talented Product Design Intern for our product development team. The candidate will be responsible for researching and coming up with an engaging, effective & delightful user experience for our customers. By working cross-functionally, you will understand the needs of the product management, engineering, the business stakeholders, and subsequently the users. You will need to be able to suggest solutions that fit those needs.
What you will be doing?
- Engage with product management, engineering, and business stakeholders to understand requirements.
- Performing user research to study our target users - their needs and pain points to have the sharpest possible insights to work with to make the best designs.
- Exploring online resources (Behance, Dribbble, Freepik etc) and deriving inspiration through extensive research of implementation options available on competitor apps/websites and other sources.
- Understanding and applying common design patterns in your creations. You will also be introduced to accessibility.
- Leveraging information from the understanding of users and common design patterns to make wireframes.
- Creating a design system for a clean, consistent design and avoiding design debt in the future.
- Bringing the designs to life through prototypes
- Present documentation, user flows, annotated wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Collaborate with the dev team/develop the front-end to incorporate design standards in reusable component libraries
- Improving the UX after reiterating based on Usability testing.
Key areas you will get an opportunity to work on
- Strategies to convert free & trial plan users to happy paid users through design
- Gamification of the app for a more engaging user experience
- Interacting directly with the customers for feedback and incorporating it into the product(s)
What we are looking for?
- Your ability to independently think of and craft experiences capable of delighting the users.
- Combines creativity, problem-solving skills, and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle
- Rigorous - asks hard questions, validates assumptions, connects the dots.
- Willing to work for a start-up and go the extra mile
- Willing to work independently with little or no supervision
- Proficiency in visual design, wireframing and prototyping tools like Figma, Adobe Illustrator, Balsamiq, Sketch, Invision etc.(at least one)
- 6-month Internship, stipend - INR 15-20K month with an opportunity of Full-time offer.
- Location - KTIZ (Kerala Technology Innovation Zone), Kalamassery, Kochi, Kerala. (We do have accommodation facilities for outstation candidates nearby the office)
- Joining Date - Tomorrow :)
What's in it for you?
People who have joined us in the past have experienced tremendous growth. You will not only become a better Product Designer, but we believe that you will have a much more well-rounded growth. People who join us are smart and always end up smarter.
What can you expect after you apply? You will
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our recruiting team—a high-level discussion about you and a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- As the Next step, you will take up a coding challenge sent to you.
- Based on your challenge rankings, you would be meeting our Product team to get an idea of how you got to where you are and whether our paths align.
- You would have to provide us with some references.
- Please speak with a member of our senior leadership team. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.
Our Core Values
- We lead with empathy: We believe kindness and compassion lead to effective communication. We assume good intentions and seek mutual understanding from our teammates, customers, and users.
- We lean into vulnerability: We are not afraid to ask for help or give and receive feedback. We build off our failures and don't shy away from tough conversations.
- We rise above the status quo: The status quo leads to pain for the people we serve, our communities, and our clients. We do our best to rise above the status quo and do things no one else is doing. On an individual level, we strive to improve ourselves and always be learning.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying