“Nothing we do is more important than hiring and developing people. At the end of the day, you bet on people, not on strategies” - Lawrence Bossidy, former COO of General Electric
As a fresh grad, you’re ideally looking for opportunities that give you more exposure to practical business strategy, operations and interaction that can help create a foundation for career growth and future plans. As a startup, that’s the kind of environment we’re in, with our team members having access to a holistic experience while being focused on specific or hybrid roles.
Human Resource professionals act as the face of the company to the outside world and help increase the Company’s brand value among the competitors. The composition of any team goes a long way in determining the success of any project or organisation. At CoinedOne, your role will be critical to ensuring that we attract the best talent, keeping in mind cultural fit and portraying the company as an ‘Employer of choice’ as we continue on our quest to build innovative products that impact lives and develop people, processes and societies as a whole.
We are looking for a Human Resources Trainee in Kochi to assist the HR department at CoinedOne. The traineeship period will be determined on further interaction and will range between 1 and 3 months. As with all of our traineeships, you will be considered for a full-time role at the end of the period.
Why should you consider this role?
Startup hiring can be as interesting as it is challenging. At the centre of a startup’s success is its people. As a growing and innovative startup, identifying and attracting good talent and ensuring culture fit is a critical function. Talent Acquisition is a role like none other - defining the company's personality and influencing its success on the path to excellence.
In this role, you will learn. You will learn to develop the ability to assess candidates technically on the phone and in-person and cultivate a sharp eye for talented people that will make the cultural fit needed to be key contributors to any team. By the end of the traineeship, you will know how to source candidates through various channels, plan and execute interview and selection procedures, use applicant tracking systems, and reduce time-to-hire while creating lasting impressions on candidates through great hiring experiences. Talent Acquisition is very much a sales and marketing role. One that’ll help you build skills that can be universally applied. Additionally, you will also learn to oversee general human resource management, ensuring we have a happy and productive workplace where everyone works to realize our established mission and objectives.
To learn to excel in this role, you must love interacting with people, analyzing their skills and understanding their objectives. If you enjoy talking to people to assess their abilities and aspirations, have a knack for convincing them and have the drive to help build vibrant teams with the right blend of skills, this role could be for you.
Ultimately, you will learn to build a strong talent pipeline for our current and future requirements, impacting the quality of our products and the success of our endeavours. In return, we will commit to providing you with every opportunity to learn and seamlessly settle into your new role. Sure we’ll guide you on your way to becoming a fine HR professional. But it’ll be up to you to bring initiative and drive to the table. After all, what’s learning without doing?
What you’ll learn to do -
- Write and post technical job descriptions
- Source potential candidates from job boards, social networking sites and niche platforms, like Stack Overflow and Github
- Perform pre-screening calls to analyze applicants’ abilities
- Interview candidates combining various methods (e.g. structured interviews, technical assessments and behavioural questions)
- Coordinate with IT team leaders to forecast department goals and hiring needs
- Craft and send personalized recruiting emails with current job openings to passive candidates
- Participate in tech conferences and meetups to network with IT professionals
- Compose job offer letters and other correspondence
- Onboard new hires
- Promote the company’s reputation as a great place to work
- Conduct job and task analyses to document job duties and requirements
- Keep up-to-date with new technological trends and products
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
All you’ll need to have -
- An outgoing personality with a keen interest in interacting with and understanding people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A degree in management or equivalent (Grads may also apply)
What can you expect after you apply? You will
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our HR team. This is a high-level conversation about you and a good opportunity to learn more about us.
- As the Next step, you would be required to take up a "Challenge" sent to you.
- Based on your challenge rankings, you would be meeting our team. This will allow us to understand how you got to where you are and how our paths align.
- You would have to provide us with some references.
- Speak with a member of our senior leadership team. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.
Our Core Values
- We lead with empathy: We believe kindness and empathy lead to effective communication. We assume good intentions and seek mutual understanding from our teammates, customers, and users.
- We lean into vulnerability: We are not afraid to ask for help or give and receive feedback. We build off our failures and don’t shy away from tough conversations.
- We rise above the status quo: The status quo leads to pain for the people we serve, our communities, and our clients. We do our best to rise above the status quo and do things that no one else is doing. On an individual level, we strive to improve ourselves and always be learning.
Looking forward to hearing from you!